Your VOTE can bring dollars to LSMSA! Please vote everyday with multiple email accounts.
The observatory at LSMSA was damaged in Hurricane Rita. Because of this the Natchitoches Observatory and Technology Center will house an observatory, classroom space for students and teachers and an area for science and technology exhibits related to the region including forest conservation, historical preservation, oil and gas exploration and others.
This project will serve rural students in Central Louisiana which includes some of the poorest parishes in the country. The Louisiana School for Math, Science and the Arts accepts students from across the state so this project will impact all of Louisiana
- Build observatory and technology center
- Host star parties for area students (minimum of 2 by end of award year)
- Have LSMSA students use facilities through the Observational Astronomy course
- Provide professional development to teachers (minimum of 1)
- Have two exhibits running by the end of award year
The top projects receive funding each month. Please vote everyday to help bring Astronomy resources to LSMSA and Natchitoches Parish
Shelly F. Hynes, M.S.
Louisiana School for Math, Science and the Arts
715 University Parkway
Natchitoches, LA 71457